09 November 2006
THURSDAY THIRTEEN ... why not?
Always looking for new ideas to put on my blog. Thanks for introducing me to this idea, Bond. Hope it's ok, but I kind of modelled my first Thursday Thirteen after his, because I'm not sure what I'm doing here yet. Most of my regulars know almost everything of note there is to know about me, but for anybody who doesn't, here's thirteen things about ... ME.
THIRTEEN THURSDAY #1
1. My astrological sign is Cancer, on the cusp of Gemini. I display characteristics of both signs pretty equally, so that I guess that means I have a moody split personality.
2. I became a music teacher because of my soul-deep love for just about any type of music, but I remain in this thankless, crazy-making gig because I discovered that I love kids even more than the music.
3. I taught piano and composition at l'Universite Laval in Quebec for two years, before returning to my heartland to become a high school music teacher.
4. Van Morrison ... need I say more? Every song he's ever written or performed has touched my soul in ways that defy coherent explanation.
5. I am afraid of spiders. I don't care how big or how small they look to YOU, they are all enormous in my eyes. I am also convinced that they know I'm afraid of them, and they chase me ...
6. The last tv show I watched all the way through was the American Idol Season Five Finale in May.
7. Cooking is a double-edged sword for me. I love it, but I get distracted easily and often forget that there's something on the stove or in the oven ...
8. I was a runway model for a brief time while in high school. It was the first and last time I've ever been bored by something I've voluntarily signed up for.
9. At one point in my life, I seriously considered becoming a professional photographer. I especially love b&w, as there's something so starkly evocative about it.
10. My three best friends from elementary school are still three of my best friends. We've been together for 32 years now.
11. I love to eat, especially exotic foods. My absolute favorites are just about anything Thai or Greek. As a result, I only just recently lost that nasty 30 lbs. that's been plaguing my life for years.
12. I am pretty much equally fluent in both English and French.
13. No matter what, I consider myself a very lucky person in life. I have a great kid, a job that I love, and wonderful friends. Maybe life isn't always perfect, but most of the time, it's pretty damned good.
Ok, I'll admit it - I choked. I was going to tell some nasty little secrets, but when it came time, I couldn't bear to see them in print. Maybe the next time. Thanks for reading about me.