1. Barry was my study-buddy at university. I named my first dog after this song.
By Barry Manilow
2. My dad used to sing this to my mom.
If You Could Read My Mind
By Gordon Lightfoot
3. I grew up in a fishing community. I am a proud Maritimer.
The Fisherman's Lament
By Great Big Sea
4. The first song I ever heard by the great "poet-bard", it stuck with me through all my years at university.
By Leonard Cohen
5. The first piece I studied under the guidance of Richard Boulanger.
Sonata for Piano No. 8 'Pathetique' in C minor, Op. 13
6. My Gram used to sing this to me when we were small.
Grandma's Feather Bed
By John Denver
7. Just my favorite Aerosmith song. No reason in particular.
8. The first song I ever heard by my Number One. I was hooked from that moment.
Into The Mystic
By Van Morrison
9. My brother is a prog rock fanatic, and he used to sit with me and talk to me about developping a discerning ear, while we listened to this song.
10. The contrast between the vocal styles of the two singers in this song gives me goosebumps.
Miserere (Live Version With John Miles)
By Andrea Bocelli
11. My first serious love used to sing this to me. He was no Hendrix, though.
By Jimi Hendrix
12. When I want to lose myself in the music, this is a good place to start. It was my introduction to the Blues.
By Muddy Waters
13. My first slow dance with a boy.
Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'