Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter.
~Dodinsky


24 November 2006

DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?


What an incredible day. It is payday, so I decided to get my hair cut (seriously overdue). My coiffeuse, an old friend, is located off the lobby of the best hotel in town. I had just left the salon and was strolling through the lobby, enjoying the Christmas decorations, when I heard a deep voice say "Excuse me, but don't I know you?" I looked up, and there stood my dear old friend, Francois-Xavier. He and his partner have been living for the past few years in Quebec City, and we have been mostly out of touch for that time, although never out of one another's minds.

Yesterday, I had mentioned his name in my Thursday 13 blog. He was my best friend at university, and I have missed him. He and Marc have moved back to the area, purchased a house and are planning on staying put! I am deliriously happy about this, for completely selfish reasons. Francois-Xavier was one person with whom I could always be completely myself, without pretense. He would think there was something wrong if I wasn't occasionally bitchy, or depressed, or manic. He was always the same way, anyway. LOL.

After that exquisite reunion, I arrived home tonight to a message that some of my other friends had sent me flowers to brighten my day. I don't remember the last time someone did that. It made me cry with happiness. Ann, Vinny: talk about shining, happy people - I am absolutely glowing. I'm not sure I am deserving of such kindness but, man, it feels amazing!

I'm not asking for anything else for Christmas this year, because I have one of the greatest gifts imaginable. Thank you, God, for the friendships in my life. They are infinitely more precious to me than any other gift I could wish for. I feel truly blessed to have these wonderful people as a part of my world.

5 comments:

Meribah said...

Glad to see that you're having such a good day! You deserve it, hon. Hugs to you!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

WOOO GOOD DAY for COCO!

Julie said...

Aww how sweet Coco! I love hearing from you when you're happy!!

Anndi said...

Smooch!

*jumps up and down with Vinny.. * We did good!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Angell said...

Coco - glad to hear that you're doing better honey bunch!!

Slideshow