Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter.
~Dodinsky


30 November 2006

FREAKY FRIDAY

I HAVEN'T been tagged for this by anybody, but I'm going to do it anyway, whether you like it or not. As always, you have the choice to read it or ignore it. Thanks to TopChamp for bringing my attention to this. Here are my colour codes:

GREEN - have done this
BLUE - would like to do it
RED - would never do this
GRAY - indifferent
BLACK - can't answer

1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink.(if I had a million dollars)
2. Swam with wild dolphins (on my wish list)
3. Climbed a mountain (not a big one, but the highest peak in NB - Mt. Carleton)
4. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive (no, but does a Jaguar count?)
5. Been inside the Great Pyramid (on my wish list)
6. Held a tarantula (hello! scared spitless of spiders!)
7. Taken a candlelit bath with someone (champagne, too)
8. Said “I love you” and meant it (never say it unless you mean it!)
9. Hugged a tree (tree tag as a kid)
10. Bungee jumped (ok, this is just stupid)
11. Visited Paris (I was only 14)
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea (duh - I live on the ocean)
13. Stayed up all night (ah, les nuits blanches a l'universite...)
14. Seen the Northern Lights (I do live in Canada, eh?)
15. Gone to a huge sports game (can you say "Go Habs!"?)
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa (do the stairs up into the crown of Lady Liberty count?)
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (every year)
18. Touched an iceberg (walked on one)
19. Slept under the stars (many times)
20. Changed a baby’s nappy (many times)
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon (NB Balloon Fest 2001 with three deserving students)
22. Watched a meteor shower (many times)
23. Gotten drunk on champagne (tend to giggle alot)
24. Given more than you can afford to charity (um ... oops)
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope (took an astronomy course at university)
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment (more often than I care to remember)
27. Had a food fight (um .. I swear it wasn't me who started it ...)
28. Bet on a winning horse (it would be silly to bet on a losing one, wouldn't it?)
29. Asked out a stranger (you just don't get much stranger than some of my picks ...)
30. Had a snowball fight (did I mention that I live in Canada, eh?)
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can (very bad for the vocal cords)
32. Held a lamb (and a piglet, too)
33. Seen a total eclipse of the moon (with my friend Francois-Xavier)
34. Ridden a roller coaster (threw up on one, too)
35. Hit a home run (I would like to, but it's highly unlikely to ever happen)
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking (I clown for charity)
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day (Irish, and it was hilariously bad)
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment (most of the time, actually)
39. Had two hard drives for your computer (*blank stare* you can do that?)
40. Visited all 50 states (let's see now ... there's the state of inebriation, state of panic, state of euphoria, state of ...)
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk (many, many times)
42. Had amazing friends (wish I could make this MORE green because my friends are so incredibly amazing)
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country (some sort of folk festival in Nottingham, at a jazz club in NYC)
44. Watched wild whales (brings tears to your eyes, they are so beautiful)
45. Stolen a sign (not sure why I would want to)
46. Backpacked in Europe (well, I've been to Europe, and I had a backpack, but I don't think it was the same thing)
47. Taken a road-trip (more times than you would imagine)
48. Gone rock climbing (and rappelling, too)
49. Midnight walk on the beach (literally countless times, since I live next to the ocean)
50. Gone sky diving (the things we do to please our lovers ...!)
51. Visited Ireland (lived there for a brief time with my uncle's family)
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love (unlucky in love ...)
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them (great experience - did it in NYC and London and right here at home)
54. Visited Japan (wish list is growing)
55. Milked a cow (and a goat, too)
56. Alphabetized your CDs (isn't that totally anal?)
57. Pretended to be a superhero (whadda ya mean, pretend???)
58. Sung karaoke (oh, come on! like you haven't?)
59. Lounged around in bed all day (life is too short)
60. Played touch football (every Thanksgiving, our community gets together and has a pick-up game that we call the Turkey Bowl)
61. Gone scuba diving (love water sports)
62. Kissed in the rain (love water sports)
63. Played in the mud (love water sports)
64. Played in the rain (love water sports)
65. Gone to a drive-in theater (and all that entails ...)
66. Visited the Great Wall of China (on my wish list)
67. Started a business (not organized enough to do it by myself)
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken (remember that wish list?)
69. Toured ancient sites (here in Canada, and in Britain)
70. Taken a martial arts class (self-defense counts, right?)
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight (sorry - tried it at university, but was bored silly)
72. Gotten married (horrible mistake ...)
73. Been in a movie (been recorded for radio, though)
74. Crashed a party (a couple of times)
75. Gotten divorced (working on it ... can I refer to the wish list again?)
76. Gone without food for 5 days (never again, though)
77. Made cookies from scratch (how else do you make them?)
78. Won first prize in a costume contest (when I was a kid, my Gram made the greatest ones)
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice (see note re wish list)
80. Gotten a tattoo (not my thing at all)
81. Rafted the Snake River (rafted other rivers ...)
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert” (sang, played piano on tv - not an expert)
83. Got flowers for no reason (last week - from my darling friends!)
84. Performed on stage (many times)
85. Been to Las Vegas (wish list again - to see Barry)
86. Recorded music (many times)
87. Eaten shark (live on the ocean, remember?)
88. Kissed on the first date (but not the other ...)
89. Gone to Thailand (ooh - bigtime wish)
90. Bought a house (sweet little bungalow)
91. Been in a combat zone (not sure what colour to use here - does marriage count?)
92. Buried one/both of your parents (lucky enough to still have both)
93. Been on a cruise ship (been on fishing boats, etc.)
94. Spoken more than one language fluently (English/French)
95. Performed in Rocky Horror (liked the movie, but not obsessed ...)
96. Raised children (my darling little boy)
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour (wish I could've last summer)
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country (whut's an exotic bicycle?)
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over (thinking about it lately)
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge (walked the 13 km Confederation Bridge)
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking (why should I care?)
103. Had plastic surgery (I hate my nose)
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived (two - broke my neck diving, and fell from a second storey window)
105. Wrote articles for a large publication (wrote for university news - music reviews)
106. Lost over 100 pounds (does the same 20 five times over count?)
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback (don't want to talk about this one)
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart (oh God, I hope so, because he crushed mine)
111. Helped an animal give birth (cat, dog, cow)
112. Won money on a T.V. game show (don't watch tv game shows)
113. Broken a bone (refer to #104)
114. Gone on an African photo safari (sounds amazing)
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears (don't like pain)
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol (took a gun safety and marksmanship course)
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild (gathered them myself, too)
118. Ridden a horse (was obsessed as a teen)
119. Had major surgery ( a few - related to accidents)
120. Had a snake as a pet (want a ball python)
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (always been fascinating to me)
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours (only when ill)
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states (shamefully)
124. Visited all 7 continents (wish list again)
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days (whatever ...)
126. Eaten kangaroo meat (might be interesting)
127. Eaten sushi (not my favorite, but pretty good)
128. Had your picture in the newspaper (a few times)
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about (I'm a teacher - it's part of the job)
130. Gone back to school (I'm a teacher - it's part of the job)
131. Parasailed
132. Touched a cockroach (inadvertently, I assure you ...)
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes (yum)
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey (first year university)
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read (Jane Austen)
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (fish, lobster, etc.)
137. Skipped all your school reunions (not exactly my thing)
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language (Russian, Vietnamese)
139. Been elected to public office (um ...)
140. Written your own computer language (*blank stare* whut?)
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream (came close a few times)
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care (wouldn't want to)
143. Built your own PC from parts (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you (I'm counting cd's as artwork)
145. Had a booth at a street fair (every year)
146. Dyed your hair (I refuse to answer this one ...)
147. Been a DJ (dated one for a while, though)
148. Shaved your head (for my friend who had leukemia)
149. Caused a car accident (only myself involved - does that count as one?)
150. Saved someone’s life (couple years ago, a student told me that my intervention prevented her from committing suicide. I guess that counts.)

Gonna tag three people, just as if I had actually been called into play. Sometimes you've gotta do things for yourself. I tag Anndi, Sue (because she was hurt that I didn't tag her the last time) and Vinny. Go to it, guys!

6 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Whoa! 150 things???

**makes note to come back earlier in the evening to spend more time with this list**

Thanks dear.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

cool list and Trav said the same thing to me.. let's see if he really does come back!

Meribah said...

Looks like you've done a lot of interesting things in your life. Good for you! Like the saying goes, "it's better to wear out than rust out."

Unknown said...

Great day in the morning! I wanted to do this on my blog even though you didn't tag me...but I can't make all the pretty colors :(

Anonymous said...

**thumbs nose at Vinny**

I said I'd come back and read when I had more time, and I did dangit!!

Now, since it appears I have not been tagged - I'm gonna do this too. I'll work on it tonight and post later.

Cool idea.

Anndi said...

*still working on it* dang it's long..
Smooch!

Slideshow