31 May 2009
I wrote music for this as well, but you're going to just have to imagine it - think a simple 12-bar blues, a la Muddy Waters ...
Woke up this morning
Crawled out of bed
The dreams of last night
Still alive in my head
Been thinkin' 'bout friends
I won't ever forget
Don't seem to matter
That we've never met
Went to the kitchen
To fry up some bacon
Thought about Dana
Prayed her back wasn't achin'
Cracked some eggs in the pan
Stirred the whites with the yolks
Thanked the good Lord above
For Jo and her jokes
Next into the pan
Des tomates coupees en tranches
Prayed our Trav always would
Have a reason to dance
And I wished with a smile
As I stirred the oatmeal
That dear Yoda discovers
A love that is real
Thought about Angell
As I toasted some bread
Hope she's been list'nin'
To her heart, not her head
Sweet strawberried sliced
Bear the shape of a heart
For Vinny and Nancy
Who have found their new start
Smiled as I squeezed
An orange or two
Says a prayer for sweet Julie
She has so much to do
Poured glasses of milk
As I prayed for our Ann
That God grants her peace
And a soft place to lan'
Started the coffee to perk
Thought of Robin and Wayne
Who are always so kind
Though they've nothing to gain
Set a fresh bowl of water
And dogfood on the mat
And grinned about Meri
As I gave Daisy a pat
Called my son to the table
My sweet little boy
Thought of Dixie and Turn
And wished them much joy
Woke up this morning
Crawled out of bed
Seems I'm never alone cos
I've got y'all in my head!
~C. Masson, 31 May 2009~
30 May 2009
16 May 2009
11 May 2009
2. Never in my life : bungee jumping - no way!!
3. When I was seventeen : I got my drivers license.
4. High School was : forgettable.
5. I will never forget : Roran.
6. I once met : Mikael Baryshnikov (he was really short, but HOT!)
7. There’s this girl I know who : just won the Donnie Smith Chopper Class Challenge international motorcycle-design competition in Minnesota and she's from a local high school.
8. Once, at a bar : I partied with some of the members of the band "Chicago".
9. By noon, I’m usually : thinking about quitting time.
10. Last night : I made fudge for my grade 10 English class.
12. Next time I go to gym/church : I will remember to be thankful that I can.
13. Susan Boyle : I hope her new reality is better than all her dreams.
14. What worries me most : right now, my health.
15. When I turn my head left, I see : my sweet B-man playing with his soldiers.
16. When I turn my head right, I see : my cuddly Daisy dog laying on her back, snoozing.
17. You know I’m lying when : I say I'm never lonely.
18. What I miss most about the eighties : going to university.
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be : Beatrice from "Much Ado About Nothing"
20. By this time next year : Custody of my son will be finalized.
21. A better name for me would be : Nicely Nicely
22. I have a hard time understanding : why bad things happen to good people.
23. If I ever go back to school, I’ll : finish my masters degree in High School Guidance.
24. You know I like you if : come back to you after I've been gone for a while.
25. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be : my sweet son, B-man, for being my reason.
26. When I compare 80’s rock to 90’s rock : I have my students write a report about it. (:P)
27. Take my advice, never : forget to count your blessings each day.
28. My ideal breakfast is : yogurt and fruit.
29. A song I love, but do not own is : "Dream Come True" by Frozen Ghost
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest : bringing your walking shoes because we have over 60 kms of the most beautiful walking trails in Canada within the city limits.
31. My favorite Beatle is : I've always been John's girl.
32. Why won’t people : be kinder and more tolerant to each other?
33. If you spend the night at my house : B-man will make you breakfast.
34. I’d stop my wedding for : BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... if only SOMEONE had!
35. The world could do without : gossip.
36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than : speak to my ex again.
37. My favorite blonde is : my best friend's daughter Kyla.
38: Paper clips are more useful than : muffin top pans (I just don't GET those).
39. If I do anything well, it’s : listen.
40. And by the way : I'm late for work ... again!
10 May 2009
Today, i received a card with this poem in it. It was signed "I love you Mommy, from Brennan". At his insistance, i read it out loud but i choked up at the end because my Mother's Day gift was more than i ever expected. See, he got up early to make breakfast for me by himself this morning and, before he woke me up, he went out in the yard and picked a huge bouquet of dandelions and put them in a plastic cup in the center of the table. What a wonderful, special gift from the heart of a 6-year old boy. May you all experience this much love today. God bless.
Guessing your favorite flower
Shouldn't be all that hard.
I'll bet they're green and yellow
And grow all over the yard.
I only pick the special ones
Because they're just for you.
They're my way of saying thanks
For everything you do!
And even if these flowers
Only seem to last for a day,
The love that they are given with
Will always be there to stay.
For when it comes to picking
The mommy that's the best,
In my precious little eyes
"You" stand out from all the rest!
I really love you mommy.
Hope your Mother's Day is fun.
Here's hugs and kisses for you
From your "darling little one".
08 May 2009
05 May 2009
TWO FRIENDS WERE WALKING
THROUGH THE DESERT
DURING SOME POINT OF THE JOURNEY,
THEY HAD AN ARGUMENT;
AND ONE FRIEND SLAPPED THE OTHER ONE
IN THE FACE
THE ONE WHO GOT SLAPPED WAS HURT,
BUT WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING,
WROTE IN THE SAND ,
TODAY MY BEST FRIEND
SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE .
THEY KEPT ON WALKING,
UNTIL THEY FOUND AN OASIS,
WHERE THEY DECIDED TO TAKE A BATH
THE ONE WHO HAD BEEN SLAPPED
GOT STUCK IN THE MIRE
AND STARTED DROWNING,
BUT THE FRIEND SAVED HIM.
AFTER HE RECOVERED
FROM THE NEAR DROWNING,
HE WROTE ON A STONE:
TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE
THE FRIEND WHO HAD SLAPPED
AND SAVED HIS BEST FRIEND ASKED HIM,
AFTER I HURT YOU, YOU WROTE IN THE SAND
AND NOW, YOU WRITE ON A STONE, WHY?
THE FRIEND REPLIED
WHEN SOMEONE HURTS US
WE SHOULD WRITE IT DOWN IN SAND,
WHERE WINDS OF FORGIVENESS CAN ERASE IT AWAY.
BUT, WHEN SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING GOOD FOR US,
WE MUST ENGRAVE IT IN STONE
WHERE NO WIND CAN EVER ERASE IT.
LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND
AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE.
THEY SAY IT TAKES A MINUTE TO FIND A SPECIAL PERSON,
AN HOUR TO APPRECIATE THEM,
A DAY TO LOVE THEM,
BUT THEN, AN ENTIRE LIFE TO FORGET THEM.
DO NOT VALUE THE THINGS YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIFE,
BUT VALUE WHO YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIFE!
02 May 2009
This is not my favorite kind of music, but the lyrics fit my needs for the post. Did you ever have a week where you just couldn't go it by yourself? It's been a hard week. So far in the past nine days, I've gotten strep throat, pink eye and an ear infection that plugged my ears and have rendered me almost completely deaf. Scary. I couldn't hear B-man the first morning and that was just heart-breaking. Can't talk on the phone or do things I've always taken for granted, like listening to the news on the radio. I'm coping, but barely, and I keep praying that it will get better soon. I need a hug in the worst way. Thanks for letting me whine. XOX