Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter.
~Dodinsky


22 November 2006

DEDICATION




I registered on the American Idol website in February 2006. Since that time, I have met some of the most wonderful people I have ever known. We have shared our lives, our stories and our creativity with one another. We have supported one another through good times and bad.


These have, ironically, been the best months and the worst months of my life. My time with the Soul Patrol has kept me sane, while my life was seemingly falling apart around me. A few have gone far beyond what one could reasonably expect in the name of friendship. They are people whose names are engraved upon my heart for all time.

I am not a poet, an artist, or a writer. I can't give them what others can. It is so little to dedicate a blog to them, yet I know they will understand that these words come from the deepest, most secret part of my heart, where I keep my most precious treasures. As my gift, I would like to dedicate to them one of my favorite songs. You are my treasures, my dearest friends. I will always love you.

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup
They slither while they pass
They slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting thorough my open mind
Possessing and caressing me

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes
That call me on and on across the universe
Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box
they tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world

Sounds of laughter shades of life are ringing through my open ears
exciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Jai guru deva
Jai guru deva

8 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Coco says, "I am not a poet, an artist, or a writer."

Tish-tosh I say! You've proven your skill my dear. You write and it comes from the center of your being, where all good writing originates.

Travis says, "You are a poet, an artist, and a writer."

You don't get to argue the point with me. Simply say, "Yes Trav."

Anndi said...

One of the most beautiful songs ever from the Beatles dear... a sweet melody... sweet words...

Thank you Corinne... Of all the things Taylor Hicks has and will accomplish with his voice, this has to be the best...

Unknown said...

Hey Coco, I've met so many awesome people from the SP and many of them are gems.

I wonder if he knows the power he has? Wooooo!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Coco:

I stand beside travis and his comments 1000% and as he said.. our only response can be "thank you"

Beautiful song...

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Coco, there is nothing that I can add to what Trav, Anndi, Busy and Bond say other than Thank you!

Meribah said...

Is that a picture of you, Coco? If it is, nice to see you! By the way, you are SO a writer! I know a writer when I see one, and you are the real deal! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Coco - you are a darling! Love the song and the pic!

Angell said...

Absolutely beautiful - your words are a wonderful tribute to all of us.

Thank you for being part of us Coco.

Slideshow