Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter.
~Dodinsky


23 December 2010

Five for Friday - Merry Christmas

Posting this a day early, as most of us won't find the time tomorrow to visit or listen. I am off for a week, so I will take this opportunity to wish everyone a wonderful and happy Christmas, with all of God's blessings. Be well!

My playlist above contains five of my all-time favourite Christmas songs. They are attached to memories that make me tear up with joy, but I also find the music incredibly lovely. I hope you enjoy.

Added to that, I decided to share a few uniquely Canadian songs with my friends here. Something about these bands makes me proud to claim them as ours. Maybe you know some of them, maybe not, but to me they are part of what makes our country great.

Great Big Sea - The Mummers Song


Crash Test Dummies - Jingle Bells (like no other!)


Gordon Lightfoot - Song for a Winter's Night


The Barra MacNeils - Christmas in Killarney


Roch Voisine - Petit Papa Noel


Sarah McLachlin - Mary Mary


and a wonderful version of Canada's oldest Christmas carol (singer unlisted) - Jesous Ahatonhia


Have a beautiful, joyful Christmas. May God visit your homes and grant you peace and happiness throughout the holiday season. Be well.

2 comments:

Travis Cody said...

It's a wonderful collection. Best wishes for your new year!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Excellent collection. Hope y'all had a fantabulous holiday!

Slideshow