Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter.
~Dodinsky


05 November 2010

Dona Nobis Pacem


My blog post will be short and shamefully inadequate today, if you compare it to the beautiful work done by so many people on the bloggosphere for this event. So I won't compare it. I'll enjoy the moment and pray for peace, along with my little boy who believes, as I do, that the world is still fundamentally a good place filled with caring people. This movement confirms that, doesn't it? And, as I look at the beautiful Peace Globe designed for me by an extraordinary and precious friend (a million thanks and big hugs, Vinny!), my heart softens and I wonder at the people who can look into the eyes of a child and NOT see peace.
Peace be with all people, today and always.

12 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I firmly believe that we all do great postings because they come from our hearts.Peace be with you.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Short and powerful - that's your Blog Blast post, Coco! I agree that the optimism of children is the fuel that keeps our world from imploding sometimes. It's good to look at Creation through the eyes of a child and expect that we can all get along.

Peace to you.

Kate said...

I found you from Dona Nobis Pacem. I love your site. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I think your post is wonderful. I agree ... there ARE many kind good hearted people in the world. The greed and arrogance of a few causes so much pain.

Peace and a few hugs from Hollydale

Durward Discussion said...

Your globe is beautiful in its simplicity. The children who will live with our decisions are at the heart of why we all want peace.

Great song selections

DrillerAA09 said...

Praying for peace is the most noble of endeavors. May peace be yours.

Anonymous said...

Yours is a wonderful post, and illustrates perfectly why we need peace! Your sweet and happy son, and children everywhere, deserve no less than a world where love and acceptance are what matter most. Well done...:)

Lynette

Travis Cody said...

Each peace post comes from the author's heart and so each peace post is not only adequate, but is cherished as a worthy part of the movement. It's good to "see" you, dear one.

Peace.

Mimi Lenox said...

Hi Coco!

I love the smile on his face. What a beautiful peace globe. Thank you so much for participating and blogging for peace today.

Wishing you peace and joy in your life,
Mimi

Mimi Lenox said...

OOPS.
You are #1851 in the Peace Globe Gallery!

Anndi said...

Sweetie, it wouldn't be Blogblast for Peace without you.

And yes, our hearts soften when we look into the face of a child... and we work for peace.

Peace to us all, my friend.

Annelisa said...

Sometimes less says more...I think your post is just right!

Wishing you peace, harmony and happiness x

Slideshow