Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter.
~Dodinsky


12 October 2009

Thanksgiving


We celebrated 2 full weeks without incident yesterday. Cautiously optimistic that the current cocktail of meds is holding the seizures at bay, we pray a multitude of times every day that we can quickly force this into remission. It's just a matter of time. Money. Insurance. Now I can start looking at what this will mean for my sweetie over the longterm.

My close friend Rhonda has been a godsend - all three of her kids grew up with epilepsy and she's been able to talk me down many times. Her daughter Kyla, who is like my own daughter in a lot of ways, has spent time with the B-man talking to him about coping, especially at school. She encouraged me to put him back into tae kwondo and she swore that it would help him keep petit mal seizures at bay. Hmmm ... he's been back at it for just over two weeks ... I wonder.

So I've been less self-involved and my thoughts have not been consumed with my sweet boy's condition in recent days. I know I have not been a good friend to the people who are supporting me and I'm trying to spend more time reaching out. That's one awful character trait that I need to battle in myself - the urge to go to ground when things get rough. Something personal to work on.

Blessings on you, my dear ones. Thank you for sticking with me, even when I was pushing you away. Muuuuuuuuuahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

4 comments:

Anndi said...

Good news on Thanksgiving :)

You know, you're stuck with me... right?

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

We have all been sitting here and waiting to hear about the news...

it is MOST WONDERFUL NEWS indeed!

Now, for YOU...start picking music missy!

and tell the B-man his buddy in Memphis is holding up a high 5 for him...and to keep smiling!

Travis Cody said...

Seizures can be so scary, especially for a little guy. I've only seen them at a distance.

I'm glad things seem to be looking up for you and B-man.

Dianne said...

a full 2 weeks! that is wonderful

Slideshow