Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter.
~Dodinsky


02 October 2006

DECISIONS

Every day, each of us is faced with a million little details which require decision-making skills. From the moment we get up in the morning, when we have to decide what's for breakfast, what to wear, whether or not we have time for one more cup of coffee, the route to take to get to work, the list of decisions we are called upon to make is endless.

Sometimes, we make the right decision, and sometimes, we don't. Sometimes, the decision we make is incidental and unimportant, but sometimes ... it can make all the difference in the world. We can sometimes predict the end result, but often, we just have to go along for the ride and find out. Sometimes, we even make what we think is the right decision, only to find that it wasn't. Those are the worst, because being caught offguard always makes us question our judgement.

I am not what one could call a good decision-maker. I have an impulsive streak a mile wide, and I tend to rely on my instincts far too often. I've always been the kind of person who leads with my heart instead of my head. And, as you could probably guess, I haven't always come through unscathed. Very recently, I made a decision that caused great sadness not only for myself, but another person as well. I rarely have regrets, but this is one for which I cannot forgive my impulsive nature, however inadvertent the outcome may have been.

This week, I have two very important decisions to make. They will alter my life in ways I cannot even begin to explain. Suffice it to say, one is a matter of business, the other is an affair of the heart. I must not permit myself to be distracted from carefully weighing the pros and the cons of each matter. I would appreciate your prayers while I take some time to consider what must be done. Pray that something leads me to make the right decisions, because right now, I have little confidence in my own judgement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a good decision maker either so I can totally sympathize.

Hugs,

Dana

Rainbow said...

Hon, trusting your instincts, IMHO, is the way to go. You are in my prayers always. I will pray you make the correct decisions, and that thses decisions will bring you all the happiness you deserve.
Love,
Sue

Anndi said...

"Your choice of people to associate with, both personally and business-wise, is one of the most important choices you make. If you associate with turkeys, you will never fly with the eagles."
Brian Tracy


Soar Coco.. soar!

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. The answer will come...

Remember to keep your faith...
Here is one of my favorite Bible Verse:

Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me."

I try to remember this daily

Love you and HUGS!!!
Lee Ann

Slideshow