Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter.
~Dodinsky


28 May 2010

Quick Update this week

Hi, short workweek and Monday was a holiday so I missed my post.

Just a few things of note (if anybody besides me cares):

Yesterday was my professional evaluation at work. Basically, they examine the personal and professional development that a teacher has implemented over the course of the school year. Results of mine were good ... no, quite excellent. I've done a LOT of developping this year and kept careful records of it for a change. Usually, I just track the highlights and those are enough for a good report. This year, my adjudicators told me that I had done very well.

Bottom line? I'm getting more money to run my music programs, almost twice my usual budget. More importantly, I'm getting a bunch of discretionary days explore music-based resources, to collaborate with other music teachers in the district and to run a band exchange program for my band students. That is the pay-off I was seeking. It's all well and good to get an award for excellence in teaching but you can't buy new instruments and scores with that, or get a substitute teacher so you can take your band on a road trip. This way, I get everything I want.

Life is good.

Oh, and they gave me a new state-of-the-art Macbook and five music software-loaded Apple computers for my classroom this morning. This is my first post on the Macbook. I like it a lot but I'm still learning how to use it.

Last, and more important than anything else. Last week, I inferred that there was something going on in my life. B-man and I have finally let another man into our lives. His name is Steve and I met him on an internet dating site. Since we met, we have been inseparable. He is the man that I dreamed about but never quite believed was out there and he's the sort of dad that my son always wanted and needed. Even the dog loves him. Two weeks from today, Steve will be moving in with us. He has asked us to marry him. That is still on the back burner but if he is as good to live with as he has been to date, marriage is a distinct possibility, if only to end my mother's comments about "living in sin". LOL

Have a great weekend - will post again on Monday, as usual.

1 comment:

Travis Cody said...

Sounds like good news all around. You're due.

Slideshow