Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter.
~Dodinsky


29 August 2006

What I would say to Taylor

From the thread "if you could say one sentence to Taylor ..."Jul 27, 2006 11:48 AM PST
**transferred from AI profile
Posted: 7/27/2006 11:46:00 AM PST

Only one sentence, right? I would probably say:I remember the first time I heard you sing and what an impact it had on me at that instant and how glad I was that Randy and Paula heard what I heard even though Simon was being his usual self - a jerk - and didn't think you had the goods, but what did he know because here you are and all of us in the Soul Patrol voted our butts off for you as I'm sure you realize and I never even watched AI before this year because there was no reason to, at least for me, but this year I heard your audition, purely by accident, as it happens, and couldn't believe that voice - it just grabbed my heart and reeled me in and I couldn't imagine life without your music now because it just seems so real like when I first discovered the Beatles and fell in love with their music although it took longer with theirs than with yours and I'm not sure why but maybe it's because I have more defined taste now than I did in the 80's, which is when I was in high school, and I know now that blues and soul is the way to my heart and it was certainly obvious when I heard your music because it just slammed into me like a Mac truck and transported me and even just hearing you sing brings me such joy that I just had to tell you how much I am thankful for your music and how much I love you, so can I give you a hug?Ummmmmm ... I tend to talk a lot when I get nervous ...

No comments:

Slideshow