Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter.
~Dodinsky


06 April 2009

A Meme Because I Can't Think of Anything to Post Today

Feeling a little raw today, so I'm falling back on one of those lame-oh memes that hardly anyone ever takes the time to read unless they are REALLY bored. Here you go - a zillion pointless facts about me.

1. Do you like blue cheese?

no thanks - I already had mold for breakfast, on my bread.

2. Have you ever smoked?

uh ... yes ...?

3. Do you own a gun?

No, I'm a Canadian (lol)

4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite?

My mom used to buy red and orange or blue and purple and mix them because she never thought the flavour was strong enough with just one package so, as a result, Koolaid has never been a beverage that I could stomach. Same with Jello ...

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?

Yeah, because for the past couple of years, there have been so many bad things happen, now I kind of expect the bad news.

6. What do you think of hot dogs?

They remind me of penises. (what kind of question was that, anyway?)

7. Favorite Christmas movie?

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (the cartoon with Boris Karloff)
or
Meet Me In St. Louis (Judy Garland) but I only watch the song ...

8. Favorite thing to drink in the morning?

chocolate syrup with a dash of skim milk

9. Can you do push ups?

I own 3 push-ups - a lacy black one, a floral print and a red and black satin one.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?

Roran's frat ring (can't joke about that)

11 What is your favorite hobby?

blogging, of course :P

12. Do you have A.D.D.?

I was tested and ... wait, is that Beethoven's Fifth I hear? Oh look! A puppy! Awwww isn't that ... I'm hungry - do you think the cafeteria is ... I wonder where I put my glasses ... uh ... what?

13. What's one trait you hate about yourself?

overweight, indecisiveness and low self-esteem - oops, that's two, isn't it ... okay, math skills aren't what they should be

14. Middle name?

Vernon, but I tell everyone Rose, just to confuse them. Wait! ... switch that ...

15. Best Birthday?

sweet 16 - We had a co-ed pool party and I got my nose buttered and my bathing suit fell off. (If you have to ask why that made it a great birthday, you have no imagination ...)

16. Name 3 things you regularly drink:

water, skim milk and a pineapple juice-based beverage

17. Do you have any siblings?

I believe I'm an only child because, although my parents won't admit it, my brother's extra-terrestrial heritage is self-evident.

18. Current "hate it right now"?

Paperwork - that would be my answer at any given time, not just now.

19. Favorite place to be?

I would love to spend more quality time at home in bed. I've been considering investing in a bar fridge to use as a side table to save myself having to go to the kitchen.

20. How did you bring in the New Year last year?

I partied with my best big guy, the B-man, until 9 pm, then we went to bed. Like he says: "Good times ... good times!"

21.Where would you like to go?

Visit my friends from all over the world, just to give each of them a hug and a grope or fondle (depending on gender).

22. Name three people who might complete this:

I know Dana has already done it cos I got it from her, and then there's me (another sure thing) and ... um ...

23.Do you own slippers?

I have red ones that match my housecoat and I have bunny slippers from the Monty Python shop in London, England. They have fangs and mean vicious scowls on their little bunny faces and my dog is terrified of them.

24. What shirt are you wearing?

Dang, I KNEW I should've checked in the mirror this morning ...

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?

No, I slip off the bed and hurt myself - extreme sleeping is not for me, thanks.

26. Can you whistle?

If the car is going fast enough and my head is at the right angle, absolutely.

27. Favorite color?

wine, honeydew and brie (anyone else feeling suddenly peckish?)

28. Would you be a pirate?

Not sure - do they have dental insurance?

29. What songs do you sing in the shower?

"Singing In The Rain" is my favorite shower song, complete with dance steps and umbrella.

30.Favorite girl names?

Wait ... Tabitha is old-fashioned, Dana???
I like the names Griselda, Bogdhana and Anaesthesia for a girl

31. Favorite boy names?

I've always been partial to Ichabod, Bartholomew and Cecil for boy's names.

32. What's in your pocket right now?

three pennies, an empty tube of Chapstick and a tissue with a slightly chewed stick of Juicy Fruit wrapped in it. (I wondered what that smell was ...)

33. Last thing to make you laugh?

I don't laugh anymore - it causes wrinkles and I'm aiming for wrinkle-free. I maintain this deadpan expression at all times now. :-

34. What vehicle do you drive?

2003 Toyota Matrix named Forrest (license plate has GMP in it - I made a leap of logic)

35. Worst injury you've ever had?

That's a tough one - broke my neck in a diving accident at age 16; broke my arm, leg, 6 ribs, two fingers and a bunch of teeth when I fell out of a window at age 21; bunch of other stuff, but I think those two may be the worst. (couldn't joke about this one)

36. Do you love where you live?

I like it fine when it's clean but I want to take the B-man's advice and move to a new house when it's not.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house?

We have a 13" one that gets two channels (CBC and CTV) and one that plays DVDs and videos in the basement on movie night. If you get the impression we don't watch a lot of tv, you'd be absolutely right.

38. Who is your loudest friend?

Juanita - when she laughs, she makes the windows shake in terror ... and
Jenny - she's a co-worker and has this shrill nasally voice that sounds exactly like the fire alarm.

39. Do you have any pets?

A 90-lb malamute mixed-breed lapdog named Daisy who, although she's 13 years old, still firmly believes she's a puppy. Her favorite person to cuddle on top of is the 50-lb B-man.

40. Does someone have a crush on you?

Yes,and he's a sweetheart, but I'm not interested, sadly enough ...

41. Your favorite book(s)

"On the Road with Dutch Mason" - a series of anecdotes from road tours with the Prime Minister of the Blues. I was howling before I got through the first page. I've re-read it several times now.

42. Do you collect anything?

I collect a lot of things - shoes, miniature dolls in ethnic costumes, musical instruments, music books and miniature pianos, angels, Nutcrackers, Santas, bits of paper with phone numbers on them but no name so I have no idea whose number it is, expired rain checks from Canadian Tire, Canadian Tire money, twigs, perfectly round or oval Bay of Fundy rocks, bits of blue or green glass off the beach, photos of local lighthouses and abandoned weathered-grey, decomposing buildings ...

43. Favorite Sports Team?

GO HABS GO! 'nuff said?

44. What song do you want played at your funeral?

"I Did It My Way" (another wtf question ... for me, anyway ... like I'll care at that point??)

45. What are you listening to right now?

A student playing "Lean On Me" on the piano and singing to me, while another student plays some tuneless Godsmack tab on the electric in the backroom and yet another practices the theme from Bach's Fugue in G-minor on the flute. Oh, and my computer is playing a Jethro Tull piece - Teacher - which is one of my favorites ... wish I could hear it ...


So if you want to do it, take it - it's all yours. Let me know, though, so I can read your answers and make fun of you. Ta-ta for now.

3 comments:

Anndi said...

Go Habs Go

You should know better than opening an umbrella in the house...

oooh something shiny...

SHOES!!!

"got my nose buttered" - is that what you told your mother happened?

Them bunnies are vicious...

every self respecting Canadian had a drawer full of Canadian Tire Money - pass it off to unsuspecting Americans, all they know is, our money is colourful.

Oh, and I'm buying you a protective bubble for Christmas.

Travis Cody said...

I'm skeered of the bunny slippers too. Now I have to find another cute fuzzy animal for my soothing mantra...kitties, bunnies, puppies.

Maybe duckies.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

See now I learned a few facts....you are cruel to your puppy, scaring her with your slippers...

and you have lots of stones to throw at people who upset you...LOL

Slideshow