- Dancing with my son in the kitchen before breakfast, to the Ramones.
- My son clinging to me like a monkey when I tried to deliver him to his classroom at daycare. He wasn't upset or sad, just being his usual mischievous self.
- My favorite Van Morrison song played on the radio on the drive to work.
- I hit all green lights on my way to work. That's phenomenal.
- I got to work 6 minutes earlier than usual, which gave me time to chat casually with a friend.
- My at-risk English class, who knew I was feeling bad yesterday, brought me a card telling me how much they appreciate me, signed by everyone in the class, plus several students and teachers from outside my sphere of influence.
- Third period French class was pre-empted for Winter Carnival activities and we all went ice skating instead.
- Eating lunch in the staff room with friends and colleagues today. Laughing over Tina's lizard and cricket story.
- Noon jam session in my classroom with Matthew and Evan playing a duet on their guitars for me.
- Jocelyn getting out of her suspension early for good behavior and coming back to class today.
- Advanced Music class this afternoon. Finishing the day with these kids is a gift every day.
- Kevin played Fur Elise today from beginning to end, after only two years of piano lessons with me. I think we both felt that rush from the accomplishment. Lol
- Senior Band practice. They've been struggling with a particular jazz piece for a month now, and today it suddenly came together.
22 February 2007
THURSDAY THIRTEEN - THE GOOD THINGS ...
Sometimes it's a real challenge to see the good things that happen in the course of a day. But it's important to try, especially when your life is looking dismal and gray. Here are thirteen good things that happened to me today. Some of them might not seem like much, but they made me smile at the time. That's huge. And the day's not over, either.