Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter.
~Dodinsky


26 August 2009

I first consciously noticed it last Christmas. A blank stare for a few seconds. A clumsy step or trip and he'd fall down. Forgetfulness. It wasn't often and it wasn't serious, or so I thought. In June ... that's when the nightmare struck. Seizure. Again and again. Several in a day, sometimes so tiny they would have gone unremarked except there were the big ones, the thrashing on the floor and grinding teeth ones that terrified both of us and sent us scrambling for an answer. Tests upon tests and none of them are showing us what's wrong. Epilepsy? Or something else? We don't know yet. I'm not sure what God has intended, but it's hard to believe this is His plan for my brilliant, vibrant, joyful little boy. Right now, I'm trying to keep my cool, keep things as normal as possible for a 6-year old who really needs release from the fear that lives with us 24-7, even if that release is momentary. Photos by the thousands because I don't know what the future holds for him ... for us. Whatever it is, I'll do whatever it takes to give my son a normal-as-possible life. People protest against stem-cell medical practices but I can tell you that, if faced with that decision, I'll TAKE that solution and thank God that it was available for my child. There are some situations that transcend all previous moral evaluations. Live in the now - what a way to learn that lesson ...

Prayers would be apreciated.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear that Coco - I pray all goes well with you.

Travis Cody said...

All I can tell you is to go through the steps, be brave, and don't borrow trouble. It's going to be what it is, and until you find out what it is, don't put added stress on yourself or Little B by worrying about what it might be.

Seizures are so scary. Best wishes that it isn't something too serious and can be controlled.

Anndi said...

He'll be fine... the world needs the B-man. It just does. So I'm talking to Mom and Dad and they're keeping watch.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

You know your email hit me like a freakn 90 story building...

Prayers are coming your way in bunches...

That young man has a bright future...I know that - I just do.

Angell said...

Love and hugs from this side of the country darling. I'd be there in a heart beat if I could.

Prayers and positive energy for you and B. Let us know if you need anything.

Dianne said...

I watched your slideshow, twice. I love his giant dark eyes, so full of fun and a bit of mischief. And all the faces he makes. The hotdog eating photo is a gem.

I will be thinking of him and you and I will send all the positive energy I can muster. Moms can do that.

Work hard at staying in the moment. It's important. The worry and stress can take away strength just when you need it the most.

Many, many times these conditions are not serious and pass, or can be controlled.

I came here from Bond's place. You have so many friends.

Sending hugs.

TopChamp said...

Good luck Coco - Hope they diagnose it soon.

j said...

Hi Coco. I am here by way of Bond.

The slide show was precious. I have prayed for your sweet son and for YOU too.

Hugs and prayers.

Slideshow